Taking you to work in the hotel, the employer must first make sure, you will be able to fully meet the requirements for service personnel. Because that staff is the connecting link, creating a General picture about the hotel.
He wants to see the employer?
Although more specific requirements depend on the position, for which you are applying, still, there are a list of General requirements for employees of hotels:
- A member of staff should be hospitable and polite, no matter what.
- He must have high stress tolerance and ability to smooth over any conflict.
- You may not have experience in this field, but it should show, that is easily trained and Executive.
- And finally, knowledge of foreign languages.
Foreign language – what you need to know:
- If you decide to have an interview at the hotel with 1 or 2 stars, you just need to show the employer, what do you normally speak English.
- For hotels 3-4 stars need to know at least 2 language.
- For a 5 star hotel must speak three languages.
The interview at the hotel – preparation
Whether you're a job – as a waiter, maid, receptionist or administrator, first and foremost you need to familiarize yourself with service standards (find for this reason the required information and remember, how you should behave in certain situations).
She came to the interview, try to be as polite and calm. Also don't forget about their appearance: on the day of the interview it has to be perfect. With the emphasis do it is on accuracy, restraint and elegance, and not causing revealing outfits.
You ask about at the interview
Most often, these interviews may not ask about your interests, victories, achievements etc. Be prepared for such issues:
- "There was a conflict situation – how do you resolve it?" – better prepared answers for hotel interview about a variety of conflict situations and their solutions.
- Have you had any experience in other hotels?
- Whether you own a foreign language?
- Whether or not to disclose information about the tenants of the hotel to other people?
- As you meet the new tenant of the hotel?
- Also be prepared for the fact, that the recruiting agent will ask you to tell and show, how will you communicate with foreign guests.
With a pick:
- Work book.
- Medical book.
- The document on education.
In General, often the hotel management does not want to hire the person, who is trained in a different school. Much easier to take on a new employee and train it from scratch, starting from the principles of this hotel. So not so much experience, how much elementary knowledge of generally accepted customer service standards, the ability to maintain residents ' privacy, to learn, to be friendly, well-mannered and listen to customer requests – this is the, what the employer is looking for in the future subordinate.