Equally important for the employer represent information, which the applicant for the vacant position says about your computer skills in a resume. The applicant is in a difficult situation, speaking of what kind of computer program specified in summary. But how best to do: beyond a few words, or paint everything to the smallest detail?
Today difficult to find man, who does not know how to work the computer. Therefore, the recruiter is most interested in the level of Your knowledge. I urge you not to ignore this requirement.
Whether You choose a compact formulation will describe the full version, the main thing, to your knowledge match the position, for which You are applying.
How to make a list of computer programs for resume
But what computer program to indicate in the summary? The standard algorithm is not to find. However, it all depends on the position for which You are applying, for example:
- The accountant should be required to know the program 1C, it is advisable to mention all versions.
- vacancy of the head may be limited to neutrally phrase "skills to work on a PC" or "PC user". To head, Manager, assistant preferred knowledge of CRM systems and ERP.
- The designer must be able to work with basic graphic packages: Photoshop, 3Ds Max, CorelDraw and other programs, with the help of which you can paint and design.
- The programmer has to specify a small list of computer programs in summary. But do not overdo it, need to know the limit. Write all the existing programs is not required. Frankly, the list on the whole sheet of A4 would be superfluous.
- Landscape designers need to specify highly specialized software.
It is important to observe moderation. Accountant or supervisor would be inappropriate to write about the knowledge of the program in CorelDraw or Photoshop. About these computer skills summary is better not to mention.
Do I need more paint knowledge of office programs in summary
Speaking about the knowledge of office programs in summary, we mean such programs, as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other. To describe the experience of working on a computer in the summary would be inappropriate such thorough precision.
It will be enough to do the expressions "knowledge of MS Office", or just write "PC knowledge". Extended writing, of course, nobody banned, but a compact formulation of computer skills in resume will look more presentable.
How to determine the degree of computer skills
Some candidates, in addition to skills of work on PC and report on the ownership of equipment in the summary. To write about the ability to use the phone, to make copies on the copier and send the document by Fax is not recommended. Better focus on Your computer skills in a resume. Even if Your post is completely unrelated to work on a PC, all the same, specify, at what level do You own a computer.
So, there are the following options, characterize your computer skills:
- Confident PC user;
- Average level of proficiency in PC;
- The initial level of proficiency in PC.
Let's not overestimate their own knowledge assessment, and on the contrary, if the computer You are communicating to "You", you had to say about it in summary.
Such knowledge implies, that You have an idea, what is meant by operating system. This step assumes a basic knowledge of its main features and capabilities. You should be able to install new programs, easy to use menu, to be able to create, copy and move files and folders, to open and close documents. For the user the entry level will be enough to the ability to use media player, a notebook or open a calculator. Standard applications should not plunge You into the terror.
The average level
Here the basic programs will not be enough. For a given level of computer skills for resume typical (list):
- You need to navigate in office applications. Mainly used to set Office products. To be able to work with Word files, creating tables in Excel and formulas run by elementary calculations.
- Some leaders want to get the employee, who knows how to create and manage databases in MS Access or run a presentation in Power Point.
- To make a table, to graph or chart, to format or arrange text will be able without much difficulty those people, who associate themselves to this level.
- Skills work with all types of browsers and the ability to quickly find information online should also indicate.
Do not reckon yourself to this status, if You were able to work with office and standard applications. To say, what are you a confident PC user, you need to know specialized programs, which are necessary in accordance with the family Your industry.
So, speaking on the ownership of computer programs in summary, for example a graphic designer will just fill in some basic graphics editors, raster and vector graphics. Will be a priority advantage, if along with this, the applicant for this position will show:
- Corel Draw,
- Flash Quark Xpress,
- and HTML, Java Script, PHP.
Also welcome the ability of the candidate to use Internet. Believe me, quickly find information in search engines, to write and make the letter, to place advertising or press releases, to navigate in social networks, the forums may not all. With skills like, you will definitely be able to interest the candidate the owner of the company.
A list of computer programs for resume
Programs for accountant and assistant accountant
- 1With: The company (version);
- MS Office;
- Experience in the Internet;
- The applications, Client-Bank
Programs for the post of designer
- 3D Geometrical Objects;
- Autodesk formit 360;
- AutoCAD 360;
- Corel Draw;
- Adobe Photoshop;
- APM Graph.
Knowledge of programs of the sales office
- Confident PC user;
- 1With: The company (Selling, warehouse);
- Sending correspondence using Mirramail and Outlook Express;
- MS Office.
- Quick sales
- PHP programming;